Our Children are our future. Not all of them grow up in a stable, healthy family environment. In fact, one in six children in the United States lives in poverty. Many children in crisis come from homes where they experience neglect and abuse. Some are abandoned. Some are in the foster care system. Some are in homeless shelters. Some have nowhere to go. Whatever their situation may be, they need help. Tender Hearts Foundation, a nonprofit organization, helps these homeless and at-risk youth.
- Increase awareness of homeless and at-risk youth issues in the community
- Provide funding for programs that offer services and assistance to these homeless and at-risk youth
We fund programs such as:
- Emergency/Transitional housing with supportive services available on site or nearby
- Emergency shelter tied to family reunification counseling, when appropriate
- Family-based resources to assist families in providing nurturing environments for youth (including counseling, life skills training, case workers, and access to information about local services)
Wendy L. Brandt, Executive Director
Ms. Brandt has worked as an attorney in the area of estate planning. After graduating with honors from Cardinal Stritch University with a Bachelor of Science in Business Management, she studied law at William Mitchell College of Law, in St. Paul , Minnesota . After attaining her law degree, she studied further and attained a Master of Laws in Taxation (LL.M.) at William Mitchell College of Law. Ms. Brandt is on the Board of Directors for the Burnsville Chamber of Commerce and on the Board of the Burnsville Foundation. After becoming increasingly aware of the troubling issues faced by some youth in our communities, Tender Hearts Foundation was organized. It is our objective to provide more than a hand-out to these youth, but rather a hand up by providing funding for programs that give them the life skills and vocational skills necessary to enable them to become productive independent members of the community.